Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Slipping Away

I finished this piece today. Its a two part wall piece made of altered silver platters and embroidery. I really need to learn how to take photos of wall pieces. My pictures are terrible but I don't know how to do it! Help anyone? Its really annoying because the platters have a mirror like polish, and everything reflects in them!
Anyway, I am happy with how the piece turned out. Its very technically simple, but I think it really has a lot to say to the viewer. What do you see in it?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

oooooo this piece turned
out freaking great!!!
i love the different colored
links!

i dont have any advice to the wall
pictures though...
however i was at the brass armadillo
2 days ago and they had several neat
silver platers! i took pics of
them for ya and i was gonna just
get them but,
i wasnt sure if youd want me to
or not XD

anyways i also love your new necklaces!!! very nice!
=^_^=

Barb said...

Do you have a big light box or anything that would diffuse the light enough to help with the glare?
You can get large diffusion panels and/or build your own light box using wood/a big cardboard box, and fabric.

Lynette said...

thanks Barb...I will have to try that. I can do small jewelry, but these wall pieces are really throwing me off!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

These are really beautiful, Lynette!

-C

Unknown said...

i love your work