Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Made me laugh. SO hard.

I found this hilarious artist,Marc Johns through dear ada. I went to his flickr site and just couldn't stop looking until I had seen them all. Even his statement was hilarious...
"Marc Johns creates whimsical drawings filled with dry wit and humour. Whether it’s a man with branches growing out of his head that need pruning, or a pipe that’s trying to quit smoking, his characters are simply, sparsely drawn, yet speak volumes with just a few strokes of the pen. He's been drawing since he was tiny. He's not tiny anymore, but he's not exactly big either. Marc is not sure why he's talking about himself in the third person... "
Click here to read more.
Artwork by Marc Johns.

6 comments:

Larry and Karri said...

Lynette - love the earrings you gave out as door prizes last night at book club! The packaging is so nice too that I can't bear to throw it away for a while. You are such an amazing artist. Hmm, I think you should be in charge of door prizes every month. :D

Larry and Karri said...

BTW - love the Marc Johns stuff too. It seems like it's hard to find original funny stuff like that anymore.

Shannon said...

those were so funny! Thanks for sharing. Deep thoughts.

Janalee said...

I don't get the man with the branches that need trimming. Is there some symbolism I'm missing?

Lynette said...

Karri-
Ha! Thanks but I cant afford to be in charge of door prizes every month. This month was just an advertising ploy. Trying to get you hooked so you come back for more, you know that old trick.
Jana-
Dont look to hard. Maybe there is some symbolism, but if there is I dont get it either. Some people just have bushy hair:)

Breanne said...

This guy is funny and I love his seemingly simple style.

...It sounds like you did a GREAT job hosting yesterday! If I had read the books and everything I would have gone. You must have put a lot of time into it; sounds like I missed out :)