Saturday, September 22, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 9:38 AM
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 10:21 PM
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 9:56 PM
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 1:22 PM
Saturday, September 15, 2007
If you would like to see some great art and find out what these little goodies above (made by Mindy Sue Meyers) are, then come see the show. The opening reception is on Monday, September 17th, from 7-9 pm. Otherwise, the gallery is open 9-5 and the show closes on October 5th at 3 pm. For details on where the gallery is see my link on the right under "Upcoming Exhibitions".
Posted by Lynette at 10:01 AM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 9:42 PM
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
"A lot of people don't know what to do on 9/11," says Paine. "This hits people in their heart and their soul. It connects with something that's fundamental.""
Posted by Lynette at 7:27 AM
Monday, September 10, 2007
- a process in which a design, text, etc., is engraved into the surface of a plate so that when ink is applied and the excess is wiped off, ink remains in the grooves and is transferred to paper in printing, as in engraving or etching.
Our project was supposed to be about Identity. For me, identity is a lot about the choices you make in life. It is about what path you take. I wanted to create an image of myself appearing to walk on a fence, like in the act of making a decision (You know, the phrase, "sitting on the fence"?). I had Scott go outside and take pictures of me pretending to walk on a fence. I think everyone who drove by thought we were crazy. Anyway, so I started with this...
Then in photoshop I removed everything in the background to give the figure (me) a very solitary and isolated feel...Then I changed the image to grayscale...
Next, I drew (scratched) the image I created in the computer onto a sheet of plexiglass...
I then inked the plexiglass plate and printed my image and came up with this! I really am happy with how it turned out. What do you think?
Posted by Lynette at 9:37 PM
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 10:02 PM
Posted by Lynette at 6:57 PM
Friday, September 7, 2007
- Red hair is the rarest type of natural hair color in humans.
- Mark Twain said, "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."
- Redheads are more sensitive to thermal pain.
- Gingerphobia is the fear of redheads.
- It takes two people with a recessive gene to produce a baby with red hair.
- Scotland has the highest percentage of redheads. 13% of the population has red hair, and 40% of the population carries the recessive gene.
- Ireland comes in second with a 10% population of redheads.
- The U.S. is expected to have between 2%-6% of their population being redheads.
- Besides humans, red hair can be found in orangutangs, squirrels, highland cattle, dogs, cats, fox, and deer.
So, you learned something new today, and when they add me to the endangered species list, I expect you all to come to my rescue!
Posted by Lynette at 10:42 PM
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 10:23 PM
Sunday, September 2, 2007
Posted by Lynette at 9:11 PM
Posted by Lynette at 4:43 PM