Saturday, August 11, 2007

Big Bang


Well, our trip to Tucson started off with a bang. Hopefully it will end the same way! If you want to know why there is a picture of a cop at the top, you have to read all the way to the bottom. Its a funny story. But first, for those of you that are not familiar with Arizona geography, I live in the Phoenix area and Tucson is about 100 miles southeast of Phoenix. It is about a two hour drive. About halfway to Tucson last night we encountered some pretty powerful Arizona weather. Some places get rain, some get snow, we get massive walls of flying dirt.


(I didn't take this picture but it shows what I am talking about, you really have to see it to believe it! This picture is of downtown Phoenix.)

We have a monsoon season in late summer, which is really something to experience. The best part of the monsoon season is the awesome lightning displays.


(I didn't take these pictures either, but they were taken in Tucson.)

Anyway, I had to pull off the freeway for about 20 minutes until I could see enough to drive. Then, after the dirt, came the rain. We got a great little downpour!

(These two pictures I took when we pulled off the road. Visibility was pretty low.)

Here is where it gets funny...

As if that wasn't enough, when I was about two miles from home I had some more excitement! Driving in the opposite direction of me was a cop. My heart always starts racing when I see them, I don't know why, it just does. Just as I passed him, he flipped around and started tailing me VERY closely. Bummer. I knew exactly why too. I had a headlight out. Just as I turned on my blinker to turn, his blue and red lights went flashing. Big bummer. I pulled over and the officer came to my window and what surprised me then?! It was a kid I went to high school with. Funny. Fortunatley for me he remembered me, so luckily I walked away with no ticket...this time. I told Scott he is driving home!

0 comments: