Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Colleagues: Lauren McAdams

There are 3 people with whom I will be working with very closely while I am in graduate school. The other three graduate students currently in the metals/jewelry program at ASU are Victoria Altepeter, Jonathan Brown , and Lauren McAdams. They are my colleagues, friends, and people that I look up to. I would like to use the next three posts to show you their work and tell you a little bit about them.
Lauren McAdams work revolves around her fascination with personal relationships and the complexity of simple conversational interactions. She is constantly considering how an object can start a feeling that will force viewers to interact with each other. These are some of her pieces.
(above piece is entitled, "He Said, She Said")

(I'll Let Her Decide)
(Irritation)
(Square Peg in a Round Hole)

(Punch Struck)

0 comments: