Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back to School...

Well, today is the first day of school. I am now, officially, a graduate student. I am taking four classes. Two of them are Metals classes and are basically independent study. I work on my own and have occasional critiques, and then I am evaluated on my progress at the end of the semester. I have one other studio class, which is Intaglio. Intaglio is a form of printmaking which involves etching into copper to make plates, which are then used to produce prints of the etched image. I am still deciding on the last class. I am trying to choose between "Art of the 20th Century", or "Modern Mexican Photography". Both are art history classes. I am going to go to the first day of each and see which one I like. My first class is in about an hour. Wish me luck!

(These photographs were taken from ASU's website.)

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Lynette, Check out my post on you:
http://ashleyakers.blogspot.com/2007/08/what-small-world.html
Eric did remember you by the way!
Modern Mexican Photography sounds interesting. Enjoy Grad school.