Thursday, August 30, 2007

Anniversary


Today is my anniversary. Yes, that's right, 4 years ago today I said "I do". When I look back over the last 4 years, I cannot believe how much my life has changed. The day I got married I was starting my sophomore year at ASU as a political science major headed for law school to be an immigration lawyer. Now, 4 years later, here I am, a graduate student in art with a Bachelors of Fine Arts. So much has changed in so little time. Sometimes I ask Scott (my husband) if he had known what he was getting into, would he still have married me? He is a smart guy and always answers correctly, but it is amazing to me how supportive he is of me, my goals, and all that I do. He had no idea I was going to choose to be an artist, no idea how much money we would spend on art supplies, no idea what he really was getting into. And yet, he supports my every move and decision 100%. What a great guy. I know how lucky I am...Happy Anniversary Scott!! The last 4 years have been so much fun and I am glad I found the right guy so early in life!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats Lynette and Scott! That's great.
Lynette, it looks like I waited too long to purchase the earrings I wanted...do you make any duplicates?

Marie said...

Had he "known what he was getting into"? Look what he's got! Lynette, you are so talented and amazing. Scott is the lucky one. (isn't it great how that works?)Happy anniversary!

Breanne said...

Congratulations! You both seem really happy. 4 yrs. - wow, congrats again.
Well I actually won't be at church on Sunday - you're so thoughtful to have something for little Taya! I'll be around next week though.
I want to come see your cool coffee table sometime too (I've heard great things about it)!

Janalee said...

Wow that is so sweet what Scott wrote on his blog about you. I'm going to show it to Art. Wait, will that embarrass him? Scott, not Art. Well maybe Art too, but in a different way. Like 'Gosh I'm embarrassed, I've never written any type of public devotional to Jana before and we've been married 12+ years'.

Deborah’s Desert Creations said...

We are so very proud of you and Scott. You both have shown so much responsibility in the choices you have made. Congratulations to you both! You're dad & I as you know just celebrated our 26th yr. ann. Looking back from the beginning of our relationship, I know it was the right decision we ever made. You both have alot to look forward to. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you. We may be home next year to celebrate with you. We will celebrate 50 -- you will celebrate 5. We love you both! Mom and Dad