Friday, May 21, 2010

Big Announcement


I am finally announcing my plans for what comes next! I am going to be a resident artist at Mesa Art Center in Mesa, AZ. I am really excited about this opportunity and can't wait to move into the studio there and start teaching classes! I think I am moving in next week so I will post pictures of the studio there when I get settled.

A little bit about Mesa Art Center:

"Mesa Arts Center is a 212,755-square-foot performing arts, visual arts, and arts education facility, the largest and most comprehensive arts center in the state of Arizona. Located in the heart of downtown at Center and Main Streets, Mesa Arts Center reflects the city's rich tradition of family, community and pride.

An inviting oasis by day and a luminous beacon by night, this central gathering place is designed to showcase a world of arts and culture - everything from art exhibitions to world-class performances to state-of-the-art studios for art education. The design of Mesa Arts Center was inspired by the unique character of the Sonoran Desert - a rich desert, mountain and canyon environment. The campus includes a complex of four theaters, Mesa Contemporary Arts' galleries and exhibition space, two Art Studios buildings with visual and performing arts studios and classrooms, informal performance areas, administrative support space, and a 700-foot Shadow Walk that creates an inviting, shaded outdoor oasis plaza."


4 comments:

Devlyn said...

Congradulations! That is awesome!!!

Stacy said...

Yay! I can't wait to take some classes from you!

BryanH said...

Congratulations, Lynette! Finishing up at ASU and moving right along!

Sharon said...

congrats!