Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Earrings

Something I have wanted to do for a really long time is create a production line of my embroidered jewelry. I think I am finally off to a good start! The earrings below are pieces I created for the Earrings show at Heidi Lowe Gallery.
The show runs from June 9th-September 12th. If you are in Delaware make sure to attend the opening on June 13th (and take pictures for me!) My next step is to expand on this series, make some necklaces, rings, pendants and brooches and submit my portfolio to some galleries (which I still have never done and has been one of my goals for a very long time now.) Wish me luck and if you have any feedback on the new production work, it would be very welcome as it is very new for me!

11 comments:

megan said...

ooooh, i really like these! (especially the little copper studs with the turquoise knots)

i'm not sure if i'll make the opening, but i'll definitely be stopping by the gallery some time in july, so i'll be sure to take pics

ellipsisigh said...

Your idea of combining embroidery with metal-work is innovative and unexpected...keep up the good work...beautiful!

Lynette said...

Thank you!
Megan! That is too funny. The copper ones were the pair that I didnt really like and considered not even sending, but I have gotten the most response about those. Just goes to show...you never know.
Cant wait to see pics of the space!!!

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

LYNETTE!!! these are seriously sweet! keep cranking out the good work!

Christy said...

Wow! I love those! I have to have some. Think you'll put any in your shop at some point?

Lynette said...

yeah...hopefully they will be in the shop soon:)

Amanda said...

OMG!!!!
these are sooooooo awesome!!!
i love the blue ones!!! :D
someones been a busy bee!!

Ashley said...

I want them all! Great work, as usual, Lynette!

Lora Hart said...

Those earrings are sooo wonderful. I have to save up and order a pair to go with my lovely pendant. I love the simple domed ones.

Mollie said...

Wow!! All those earrings are looking GORGEOUS!! I would like to pick one of them!!