Monday, March 30, 2009

First Ever Vector!

Right now I am taking a 6 week class called, "Graphic Design for Art Marketing", taught by recent ASU Printmaking MFA grad, Melissa Mcgurgan. I took it to learn the basics of Illustrator, and WOW, I am so glad I did!!! I'm sure I will have more fun things to show you soon, but for now....this is my FIRST EVER vector drawing for a stencil. Im so excited (I know, its really basic but I have never done it before)!!! No more graph paper, eraser marks, slightly off drawings etc. Now my stencils can be perfect!! This stencil is a template for links in a necklace I am working on for SOFA NY. More on that coming soon (VERY VERY soon as I need to mail the work like...yesterday!):)

2 comments:

megan said...

how fun - vector drawing is so addictive! i love illustrator

Ashley said...

SOFA NY?!!!! Are they going to be made in the hydraulic press? Can't wait to see what you are making.