Sunday, March 29, 2009

Embroidered Concrete

Just saw this on the CRAFT Blog. Amazing. I totally want some of these for my house!!!

A new project from Fashioning Technology called, "Girli Concrete is an R&D project for the Tactility Factory (a colloboration between Belford and Morrow) that fuses textiles with cement to create beautiful "soft" building surfaces. Traditional textile assembly techniques such as weaving and embroidery are used to create decorative textures on concrete panels."

So gorgeous!!!

8 comments:

janalee said...

man! what CAN'T people do, that's what I wanna know.

Ginga Squid said...

Oh my gosh - how cool is that. If only I had known when I did the civil engineering part of my degree - that I could have combined it with some art! Would have made studying concrete much more interesting!

megan said...

what an amazing find!

JanaeGalindo said...

Wow! It looks really cool, but I don't get it. Sorry for the ignorance. What is the process? Concrete over mesh, then embroidery. Or is the concrete last? Just wondering how I could do something like this.

buildingclouds said...

Dear Lynette - if you want to see more you can go to blog girliconcrete.blogspot.com where we have just posted some new images. Thanks so much for your interest it keeps us going to find out that people in places we have never been are interested in what we are doing.

Lora Hart said...

That is soooooooo Cooooool! I want a whole walkway with those tiles. If only I had yard. Or a house.

Lynette said...

Yeah, I think its an embroidered mesh that has concrete poured over it but I dont know...

Sarah said...

woooaahhhhh, these are amazing!