Sunday, March 1, 2009

Boston


I spent this weekend in Yuma at the Yuma Art Symposium (my 6th year attending!!). As always it was an awesome weekend, I met tons of cool people and fed my little metalsmith soul:) I will be posting on that soon...there are tons of photos to trudge through first!

What I really want to tell you is that I will be leaving this week to go visit my little brother in Boston. I haven't had time to research fun things to do while there, so I am soliciting your help. Ideas? What to see in Boston, what to eat, where to go, what to do! Throw it all at me and I'll have a full report when I get back. So far the only things on my list are the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and Mobilia Gallery.
Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

7 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

In Boston there is a really great history tour/walk you can go on through the city. I was lucky because our tour guide was also a comedian! And he was hilarious!
Have fun in Boston!

Breanne said...

That's the freedom trail your friend is talking about - we went to a town info. center & got a info. booklet guide & did it on our own without a tour guide b/c we were short on time, but w/a comedian tour guide sounds fun too!
I sent you an email with lots of ideas from when we went.

I wish I could hide in your suitcase!

Anonymous said...

Arizona comes to Mass, yay! If you have time to head out of town a little bit, the Fuller Craft Museum in Brockton isn't too far away. The Craft in America exhibit is on it's last stop and the show just opened this past weekend.

Check www.fullercraft.org, I think. Also the Society of Arts and Crafts on Newbury Street. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else! Have fun!

Lora Hart said...

Please go to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum for me. She was a turn of the century art collector and lived in the house. Everything is still in the original positions she place them in when she died, including the table settings. A famous Vermeer ws taken right off the wall in 1990. It has never been recovered. There's a stunning painting of her by John Singer Sargent that *I'd* love to steal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabella_Stewart_Gardner_Museum

And if you get to the Fuller, please Flickr photos!!

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

I lived in Boston when I was in middle school, we mostly did church history stuff in New England.

But if I could go back now all I would do is walk around the city and look at the beautiful, architecture and historic architecture. And of course, visit Harvard. Felt smart just being there.

Anonymous said...

There is a collection of flowers made out of glass in a museum(more like a science museum) in havard. http://www.hmnh.harvard.edu/on_exhibit/the_glass_flowers.html
they are quite stunning.