Thursday, June 10, 2010

POOL

So, a couple of days ago I stumbled upon this amazing opportunity being offered to small business owners here in Mesa, AZ. I cannot even convey my level of excitement to you. I am so excited!!! The opportunity is with a new marketplace in downtown Mesa called POOL. POOL is having a contest for merchants, and the winner will get one year of free rent in the POOL Marketplace. The winner will also receive free business coaching and logo design. Wow. The applications are due June 15th and will be chosen by June 28th. The public can vote online for their favorite entries. I will be applying and will be asking for votes from all of you! I've been working on my application non-stop for the last two days and will let you all know when I have submitted it. I wish I had known about this sooner! How amazing would it be to win??? The idea that I am submitting is to have an Art Jewelry Gallery here featuring the work of both local and national metalsmiths. We don't have anything like that in the whole Phoenix area so I think it would be really great. Anyway, that is all for now, I just wanted to let you all know that I will be working very hard on this and will be counting on your support! Oh, and here is a little more information about POOL from their website.

"POOL is a brand new kind of retail environment tailored to the particular needs of a community. It is built from the ground up around the idea of creating engaging experiences that aren't being met by traditional retail projects. Centered on local retailers, restaurants, and grass-roots community groups, the social interaction is grown from the surrounding community.

Gathering spaces blend seamlessly with shops and restaurants, unique community spaces and entertainment venues to create an environment as unique as each community itself. A flexible framework of infrastructure and a canopy of support services provide a backdrop for small local merchants. A welcoming, comfortable atmosphere all come together to make POOL the heart of the city."

2 comments:

genie marie said...

Sounds like my dream come true. Good luck Lynette!!

Unknown said...

good luck!!!! let me know where to vote. I think its an exceptional idea :) definitely brings some culture to that area