Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Workplace

I just wanted to post some pictures of my new studio/workplace. I'll be an artist in residence at Mesa Art Center for the next couple of years. I'll be able to work in the studio making my own work, and also will teach community metalsmithing and jewelry classes. I'm excited to have the opportunity to work and teach at such an awesome facility!!!Here are some pictures from inside the studio.
My empty little bench!
And here are some pictures from the grounds.This Ned Kahn public art piece is really cool. I could watch it move forever. Here is a video of the piece in motion, but you really have to see it in person.
I'm so excited to be at Mesa Art Center!!! I think it will be strange at first to be in a new studio, but I am sure I will get used to it soon.

3 comments:

Nat said...

what an incredible experience this will be. To be surrounded by creative energy would be the ultimate workplace. Enjoy it.

Betty said...

Looks exciting, and I'm sure you'll have that empty workbemnch filled in no time flat.

Carol B said...

What an awesome gig! Have fun and I look forward to seeing what you do in the next two years.