Sunday, January 24, 2010

I almost forgot!!!

A couple of weeks ago my husband found me this anvil on craigslist! He had to drive pretty far to get it (2 hrs each way) but it ended up being totally worth it! He got a great deal on this awesome little 35lb anvil that is in perfect condition. It is made by a guy named Cilff Carroll in Colorado. He didn't think I would be an official metalsmith until I had my very own anvil, and as I am graduating this semester and loosing my studio, he thought it was time I got one. I love it:)

4 comments:

Christy said...

that's so sweet! what a good hubby!
and congratulations on your first anvil!

Janalee said...

so what do anvils do? or what do you do with one? is it a decoration piece? do you use it to make things?

Lynette said...

Oh, yeah, its definitely for working...not decoration! Anvils are used to form on, for hammering metal on (for flattening, texturing, etc). They are used for forging as well. Its a must have for any jeweler! And yes, Scott is a great hubby.

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Wow! It is in mint condition! Enjoy your new anvil!
Michelle-