Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Love Letters

I just finished up all my finals...this semester is finally over! I don't know what it was, but this semester killed me. Dead.
Anyway, I am really glad the break is here. I get almost a month off school. Plenty of time to visit the family for the holidays and get some serious work in the studio done with NO distractions. I am really looking forward to it.
One thing I have to work on is a piece for a show called "Love Letters." The show is an invitational exhibition of work by ASU graduate students and recent grads. Each artist is assigned a letter of the alphabet and asked to respond to that letter. 26 letters in the alphabet, 26 pieces in the show. I was given the letter "L". I am really excited to make the piece, but need some serious inspiration. Maybe I will have an epiphany while consuming massive amounts of sugary sweets and holiday treats in the next week or so. Cross your fingers for me and send warm wishes of artfully inspired "L's".
The show will be at Modified Arts .
407 E. Roosevelt, Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Third Friday, January 16th – Artists’ Reception
First Friday, February 6th – Closing Reception
Sunday, February 15th – Show officially closes

1 comments:

XO said...

Here's my "L" inspiration:

http://www.imeem.com/pinkaprikety/video/_6tWW3cq/l_song_sesame_street_music_video/

Go ahead, tell me how brilliant I am...