Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday

Spent another Christmas in Tucson. It was lovely! Actually, it was pretty cold (for Arizona anyway). It even snowed the day after Christmas! But then two days later it was 70 degrees again. I love Arizona! My little brother came to visit from Boston. I always love hanging out with him! I'm hoping to be able to visit him in Boston over spring break. Anyway, he was home for the holidays and we got to spend lots of quality time together. He even talked me into going on a hike:) The mountains in Tucson are so pretty. My parents live near the base of this mountain, on the other side of that large hill in the middle of the picture. Aww...me and little bro! The picture doesn't show that the ground he is standing on is a good foot below where I am standing. I think he has been bigger than me since he was born, and he is two years younger than me! See all that water behind us in the picture? That wash is usually dry, but we got a lot of rain and a lot of the water is snowmelt. He wanted to cross it and keep hiking. I refused. I was not about to ford a river and freeze to death! So, we found another trail:) I've always been the dramatic one... This picture illustrates just how much I love AZ!! Enough to kiss a saguaro cactus...almost:)
I even got to meet up with some really old friends. We make a point to get together every year at Christmas. We have all been friends since elementary school. My best friend Kristin (tall one in blue) and I have known eachother since we were 2 years old and are still best friends. I know I am lucky to have such great friends!
It was so nice being in Tucson for almost a whole week. Now, its back to work. I have to figure out what the heck I am going to make for the Love Letters show I have coming up in like two weeks and I was hoping to get my etsy shop filled over the break.
Happy New Years Eve!

0 comments: