Friday, June 27, 2008

New Piece

Here are some pics of my new work. This piece is in the Night Gallery if you want to see it in person. Check out photos from the show in the post below.
I feel like I am still experimenting at this point and don't really have all my thoughts formulated about the piece yet, so I will leave it up to you to interpret. Although I will tell you that the girls come from a photo of my mom and her sister as children. Please tell me what you think. I plan on making a few more of these in the coming weeks, so that is what I will be up to. I'd love to hear your thoughts...good, bad, anything! Critique me:)
"Shadow"
Altered silver plated platter and embroidery
10"x6"x1"

4 comments:

Catherine Chandler said...

I absolutely love this piece! And I am currently kicking myself for not saving the family silver after my dad passed away. I love this piece...keep up the good work!

Katie Do said...

Beautiful, and so unique! I love that you incorporate thread with metal...two completely different materials,but you make them work so well together.

Emily Barletta said...

hi lynette, it's so nice to meet you. your work is so beautiful. I love the red stitches through the metal surfaces and the french knotts (I think). Silhouettes of children can be so evocative and then added onto an object that is reminiscent of family heirlooms. lovely lovely.

Janalee said...

I left my comment about his piece on Scott's blog. To sum up, love it. I've never seen anything like it.