Tuesday, September 22, 2009

WHAT are you DOING?!!

Sometimes (okay, often) I wake up in the middle of the night, sit straight up in bed, turn on the light and start furiously scribbling something on the notepad I keep on my nightstand (for just such occasions). When this happens my husband will roll over and groggily grunt, "WHAT are you DOING?!!!!" The answer?? Sketching an idea! I've made the mistake too many times of thinking that I will remember the fabulous jewelry design that comes to me in my sleep in the morning. Do I ever remember in the morning? No. So, I have do draw it out right when I think of it, asleep or not. Often in the morning my sketches are almost entirely illegible (due to the fact that I am half asleep and drawing by the dim light of my cell phone) but usually I can glean something of what seemed like the best idea ever in the middle of the night (although often not so fabulous looking in the morning). Last night, there was this one...which I'm pretty excited about. And, since I have a deadline on Friday, this little epiphany may have come just in time (or a tad late). Lets hope it looks as good in real life as it did in my dreams last night! Oh, and isnt this little notepad awesome? Its called "Where rainbows come from" by nut and bee. They gave tons of really cute paper goods, check 'em out.

2 comments:

danielle embry said...

love it! i get ideas in the middle of the night too! our poor husbands... :)
can't wait to see it finished.

Janalee said...

so do I. Always when I wake up and can't go back to sleep and my mind starts running around and I get these great - usually writing - ideas and poof they're gone by morning. And I'm left with half-hearted fluff.